To celebrate Black History Month, the Cultural Awareness Network at Associated Bank held a series of fundraisers and donated the proceeds to The Black Star Project!
Our fundraisers do what it takes to get the job done. Don’t be shy about getting in touch. If you have questions, need inspiration, or just want to chat about fundraising, then give us a call at 773-285-9600 and ask for Ava.
How can I organize a fundraiser for The Black Star Project?
- If you are a business, consider a $10 jeans day at the office or a quiz bowl competition!
- Organize a team! Get together with other people at your job, in your church, block club, PTA, or a group of friends to fund raise!
- Do you make jewelry, crafts, or something else really cool? Sell your product and donate a portion (or all!) of the proceeds to The Black Star Project.
- Dedicate your birthday, wedding, or graduation! Instead of gifts, ask for donations to support one of your favorite programs!
- Write letters: Your friends and family care about what you care about. Write them a personal letter explaining why you’re fundraising. Ask them to donate and give them all the practical information they need to do so.
- Social media: Announce your goal on social media, telling people what you’re fundraising for and why. Keep people updated by mentioning it every couple of days, varying your posts with pictures, stories and thank yous. Publicly thank people who have donated.
- Friendly competition: Whether it’s dodgeball or a chili cook-off, pick something competitive, spread the word, and charge $5 for each person to come. You’ll be having fun and raising money for a good cause. So get creative and tailor your event to what you know best, whether you are cycling, running a race, teaching yoga, or cutting off your hair!
- Throw a party: Who doesn't love a dance party? Get your friends involved, lock down a date, venue, and DJ by tapping into your networks. Sell tickets for $10-15.
Get creative! There are tons of ways you can get involved and raise money!
Who do I contact with any questions?