The Black Star Project's Fathers Club takes children to museums, zoos, conservatories, libraries, bookstores, amusement parks and other places where children can be educated, enlightened, entertained, and where men nurture and bond with their children or with children for whom they care. Men in the Fathers Club pledge to be committed and engaged with their children throughout the year.
Events have been held at:
- University of Illinois-Chicago Flames Basketball
- Chicago White Sox
- DuSable Museum of African American History
- Chicago Children's Museum
- Brookfield Zoo
- Bronzeville Children's Museum
- Shedd Aquarium
- Garfield Park Conservatory
- Chicago Historical Society
- Sci-Tech "Hands-On" Museum in Aurora
- Afrocentric Book Store
The Fathers Club addresses the issue of men not being substantially involved in the lives of their children and families. The mission of the Fathers Club is to consistently, substantially and successfully educate Black children, and all children, with the involvement, investment, support and advocacy of their fathers, grandfathers, foster fathers, stepfathers, uncles, cousins, big brothers and other significant male caregivers.